Preparing The Update Files
- In the first line of each column, write the column name.
- During the update, you can only match the column in your file that you want to match to one TeamGram field. If you need to merge or split columns, you must do so before starting the update process.
- Make sure there are no duplicate records.
- Do not leave blank lines in between..
- Make sure you are not importing anything that is not related to work, or shouldn’t be shared with coworkers. This is especially important when importing from personal contact managers.
- Do not import outdated information. Delete anything that is no longer relevant.
- Make sure that the “TeamGram ID”/”Product code (SKU)” or “Identification Number” and/or “Tax Number” is not repeated in the Excel file before the update.
Unique identifier; unique identifiers are used for matching and updating records in TeamGram with the data in your excel file. After selecting the identifier, the identifier column should be selected. The identifiers that can be selected during the update are as follows;
- Contacts: ID or Identity Number
- Companies: ID or Tax Number
- Products: ID or Product Code (SKU)
- Note: ID information; When you transfer your related records in TeamGram to excel file, you can see it in the first column. Each record has a different ID.
Importing a File
- Go to Control Panel > Import/Export > Update.
- Click on the record type you want to update.
- Select the Excel file you want to upload.
- Press the Continue button.
- The next page displays the column names found in the file and asks you to map each of them to an appropriate TeamGram field. If you don’t want to update a field, select “Choose”.
- Press Continue.
This will queue your file for import.
Status Check and Error Reports for Update Operations
You can check the status of your queued imports at Control Panel > Import/Export > Import History.
If you see “Success” opposite your import job, that means your import has been completed. Click on the down arrow symbol at the rightmost edge to see if there were any exceptions.
If there were errors, you will see a download link that includes the problem lines. You can correct these and upload them again. Do not re-upload the files data that was successfully uploaded.
Reviewing Updated Data
All records that were important are automatically tagged with a system generated tag that shows the timestamp. Click on the tag (in the tags page) to view all imported items.
Sample Tag: domainname_ update_YearMonthDay_contacts / products / companies
Note: Data lost during the update cannot be restored as a result of mappings between the empty columns in the Excel file and the TeamGram fields. To prevent data loss, we recommend that you read the instructions before and during the operation.