If you have an Aircall account, you may initiate outgoing calls from TeamGram and/or receive notifications for the incoming calls and instantly search the caller in TeamGram.
Follow the steps below to enable Aircall integration in TeamGram for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Integrations > Company integrations > Aircall
- Turn on the radio buttons for the type of calls you want to use (incoming and/or outgoing calls) and follow the steps explained below.
To enable calls
- To initiate calls from TeamGram, turn on the radio button next to outgoing calls. You have to fill out the API Id and API token fields to activate the integration.
- Login to your Aircall account to acquire API Id and API Token.
- Navigate to Account > API Keys page.
- Click on +Add an API key
- Copy/paste the API id and API token displayed in the ‘New API key’ window. Remember that you won’t be able to see your API id later, make sure to copy/paste it somewhere else for later use.
- Paste the API id and the API key into relevant fields in TeamGram.
Adding Extension Numbers for Users
An extension number for each user must be specified in TeamGram to be able to use call integrations. Make sure your system administrator adds an extension number for the users who will use the call integrations.
For the Aircall integration, you have to copy/paste your Aircall user id into your user information page in TeamGram.
- To acquire your Aircall user id, login to your Aircall account. From the left menu, click on Team and select your username.
- The number at the end of the user’s page url (on the address bar of your browser) will be used as the extension number in TeamGram.
(……aircall.io/teams/userid → 215234 in the example below)
- Copy the user id displayed in the address bar.
- Navigate to Users page from the left menu in TeamGram. Click on add a user to edit and add an extension number.
- Paste the user id acquired from Aircall into the relevant field.
Aircall integration will be activated when you complete all the steps explained above.
Initiating an outgoing call and saving the log in TeamGram
- Go to “Contacts” from the left menu of TeamGram.
- Navigate to the detail page of the contact you want to call.
- Click on the phone number. (The contact should have a phone number saved on TeamGram to intiate a call.)
- Wait for your phone to ring. (Make sure your extension number is specified on your TeamGram user page)
- Pick up your phone when it starts ringing and make the call.
- Click “Create a call log” on the pop-up window to save the call log.
- When your call is over, write down a description for this call. This will create a new note in TeamGram. Call logs are saved and published on the news feed with an automatically generated #outgoingcall tag. This new note will be automatically connected to the contact, you may also add the related deal to your note if this was a sales call.
- Navigate to a contact or deal’s page on TeamGram to see the call log in the “Notes” tab.
Searching the caller’s information in TeamGram when a new call is received
When a contact saved in TeamGram calls you, a notification message will appear in the bottom right corner. Click on ‘Find caller’ to instantly access the caller’s information.
Using this feature, you can quickly get general information about the person who called you, access previous call logs, sales notes, etc. This is one of the many ways TeamGram can help you provide a better service to your customers and gain more insight about them.