You can import data from other applications by first saving them in Microsoft Excel files. The following types of data can be imported:
Preparing The Import Files
- In the first line of each column, write the column name.
- During import, you can map each column of your import file to only one TeamGram field. If you need to merge or split columns, you must do that before starting the import.
- Make sure there are no duplicate records.
- Do not leave blank lines in between.
- Make sure the data you are trying to import is not already in TeamGram.
- Make sure you are not importing anything that is not related to work, or shouldn’t be shared with coworkers. This is especially important when importing from personal contact managers.
- Do not import outdated information. Delete anything that is no longer relevant.
- Enter phone numbers as alphanumeric strings, not numbers. To ensure this, you may want to add an apostrophe sign (‘) as the first character of phone numbers. This character tells Excel to interpret everything else in that cell as text. You can use parenthesizes, plus and dash signs, spaces in phone numbers.
- Import files do not support multiple values in the same cell, except for the tags field. To separate multiple tags, use commas between them.
The following additional rules apply:
- Leads and Contacts: At least one of first name and last name columns are required.
- Companies: Company name is required.
- Deals: Deal name and status are required. Allowed values for status column are: Open – Active, Open – On Hold, Closed – Won, Closed – Lost, Closed – Abandoned, Closed – Cancelled
- Products: At least one of brand, model and name is required. If unit price or cost is specified, their currencies must also be specified (in 3-letter ISO format). If category is specified, it must be already defined in TeamGram.
Importing a File
- Go to Control Panel > Import/Export > Import.
- Click on the record type you want to import.
- Select the Excel file you want to upload.
- Enter the rights settings that will apply to all records that will be created during this import.
- Press the Continue button.
- The next page displays the column names found in the file and asks you to map each of them to an appropriate TeamGram field. If you don’t want to import a field, select “Choose”.
- Press Continue.
This will queue your file for import.
Status Check and Error Reports for Import Operations
You can check the status of your queued imports at Control Panel > Import/Export > Import History.
If you see “Success” opposite your import job, that means your import has been completed. Click on the down arrow symbol at the rightmost edge to see if there were any exceptions.
If there were errors, you will see a download link that includes the problem lines. You can correct these and upload them again. Do not re-upload the files data that was successfully uploaded.
Reviewing and Rolling Back a Data Import
All records that were important are automatically tagged with a system generated tag that shows the timestamp. Click on the tag (in the tags page) to view all imported items.
If you need delete all records that were imported:
- Go to the tags page.
- Hover (do not click) on the tag that corresponds to the import you want to roll back.
- Click on the delete symbol that appears next to the tag’s name.
- Check the option to “Delete all records connected to the tag”
- Press Delete, then Confirm.
Note: To preserve data integrity, TeamGram may not allow deletion of records that are connected to other records.