You can publish web forms that transfer data directly into your TeamGram custom apps.
To publish a web form based on a custom app, you will generate some HTML code and paste that into the web page where you want to publish it. If you don’t know how to edit code in your website, you may want to get help from a web developer.
The HTML code will also include Google reCaptcha, a popular security mechanism that protects your lead form against bot attacks. This service is provided by Google. It is free, but you need to register for it and get your keys.
To create a web form from a custom app:
- First, create your custom app if you haven’t done so already. If you need help, read this article.
- If your custom app has fields that must not appear on the published web form, you must mark them. To do this go to your custom app. Click on the Application Settings > Continue button.
- Click on the edit button to the right of each field that needs to be hidden on the web form and set Don’t show in web forms to on. Repeat this step for all fields that need to be hidden on the web. Save
- Click on the Web Form > Application Settings page. Fill out the fields on this page.
- The internet domain name for this web form: Please enter the domain address where this form will be published. Only the root domain will be enough (e.g. yourcompany.com)
- URL of the success page: Please enter the address of the page that will be displayed after users successfully submit the form. This page must be on the same website where the form is published.
- Owner of the generated documents: Select who will be the owner of the documents generated using this form. Every record must have its own owner. The default security settings of the owner user will be applied to submitted records.
- Google reCAPTCHA Site/Secret key: Paste your Google reCaptcha keys here.
- Email notifications: If you also want TeamGram to notify users when documents are submitted using this web form, enter recipients here. Separate multiple email addresses with semicolons (;).
- Click on Continue when you fill out all fields.
- Copy and paste the code into the related page on your website.
Whenever someone successfully submits this form in your website, a new custom app document will be created in TeamGram.